- 2021-04-15 13:07:31 - Spring sale - save up to 55% OFF sitewide! Allurez
- 2021-04-15 11:16:13 - 25% off Transforming Body Lotion in Warm Amyris and Green Tea +… Ameliorate
- 2021-04-15 07:25:00 - Mingle Respondi (UK) Find the latest deals and discounts at Singles Day Mingle Respondi
- 2021-04-14 21:05:45 - Mixed beer case Discover the many offers and discount coupons ready for… DrinkWell
- 2021-04-14 21:05:45 - CCR Discover the many offers and discount coupons ready for you at… Discover Cars
- 2021-04-14 21:05:45 - Get Free UK Shipping over £50 Cleopatra Jewellery
- 2021-04-14 21:05:45 - 50% OFF Our Taster Case Booch & Brew (1)
- 2021-04-14 15:16:01 - Up to £40 Off Wearables Music Magpie
- 2021-04-14 15:16:00 - 25% off + extra 15% off new in Karen Millen
- 2021-04-14 12:14:52 - £200 OFF Fashion & Accessories plus free shipping and returns Joseph
- 2021-04-14 12:14:43 - The Atterley Flash Mid-Season Sale is Here! Enjoy Up To 50% Off… Atterley
- 2021-04-14 06:26:29 - Logo Luxury Shopping Online at special price with FRMODA.com FRMODA
- 2021-04-14 06:26:26 - Black Friday Sale Discover all the promotions and discounts at Singles Day ClickMeeting
- 2021-04-13 15:16:21 - 5% off across the whole site Prestige Flowers
- 2021-04-13 15:16:20 - Get Up to 50% Off Pan Sets at Prestige! Prestige
- 2021-04-13 11:13:26 - 15% off! Find the latest deals and discounts at Singles Day DR.VEGAN (1)
What is Singles Day?
Singles Day is the best-selling shopping event in the world. More sales are achieved on Singles Day than on Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
That sounds strange to us. Singles Day was hardly known to date, while Black Friday is becoming more and more popular. In 2018, "Black Friday" was the 9th most googled item. But you searched in vain for Singles Day in the top 100 and in the top 1000.
But why is Black Friday so much more famous than Singles Day? Why are there actually two shopping events? And can you get just as good or even better bargains on Singles Day as on Black Friday? I will explain this to you in this article.
Differences between Singles Day and Black Friday
Both days are very important shopping events. These are the differences:
- Singles Day is mostly known in Asia, Black Friday is better known in Europe and USA
- Singles Day clearly achieved more sales than on Black Friday
- Singles Day is mainly limited to 24 hours (with exceptions), Black Friday lasts a whole week for many retailers
- Singles Day is always on the same date (November 11) but on an ever-changing day of the week, Black Friday is always on Friday, but always on a different date
- In United Kingdom, more retailers participate in Black Friday than on Singles Day (so far ...)
Singles Day in United Kingdom
The shopping event is not well known in United Kingdom.
Until 2017, only a few small shops took part in the event.
In 2017, the first stores imported Singles Day to United Kingdom. For example:
- H&M : 11% off everything
- Interdiscount : many bargains during Singles Week
- Hunkemöller : 20% discount on everything
- Nike : 11% extra on sale
Apparently with little success. Interdiscount has decided not to be part of it in 2018 with its own offers. Many other retailers are completely different.
Last year, many more retailers took part in Singles Day. The event was also well received by customers. About 2.5x the turnover of a normal Sunday was achieved.
Which stores participate in Singles Day 2021 ?
Unfortunately, this cannot be said as of today. The dealers only decide for or against participation in a relatively short period of time. In addition, many dealers will not publicly announce their participation in order not to get the competition in that spot.
We will update this article when we hear from other participants.
The Story of Singles Day
Singles Day originated at Nanjing University in China. Some students first celebrated their independence in 1993. This trend has spread more and more. Resourceful shops and restaurants noticed this and offered special offers and deals on this day.
The shopping event was made really big by the AliBaba Group, of which mainly AliExpress in United Kingdom, possibly also heard of AliPay, AliBaba, Taobao or Tmall. A few years ago they secured the rights to the "11.11" trademark.
Due to globalization and the fact that Chinese stores such as AliExpress or Gearbest increasingly deliver to United Kingdom and customers from Europe, this trend slowly turned to United Kingdom. For example, Singles Day is becoming increasingly popular in Germany.
It is unclear whether Singles Day can replace Black Friday in United Kingdom or whether both store events will continue. This will be seen in the coming years.
One thing is certain: the importance of Singles Day and discount codes in United Kingdom will increase significantly in the coming years. Deals will come from more and more stores and the offers just keep getting better.
The entire content of this site is copyrighted (all rights reserved © 2021).